Wednesday, June 8, 2011

And the Thunder Rolls...

I'm back for blog too! And its thundering up a storm outside, but I don't think it's actually rained at all. We could probably use it up here. Yesterday at 1000+ acre forest fire broke out in Grayling, and tonight there was a tornado warning near Harrison. Glad its around me and not on my doorstep!
Talking about weather, holy hell has it been HOTT!! Programs at work have been slower than molasses, but thats because all the kids are still in school, and because its so stinkin hot. I can't blame anyone for not showing up to todays bug hunt or senses hike. We'll see how snakes and fishing go tomorrow. By the way - I love my job! I seriously so lucked out this year getting to come back as an Explorer Guide. What other kinda job do you get paid to work outside, going fishing, and going on hikes, doing arts and crafts, fishing, making smores, and riding around on a Gator all day?!?! Today, my day consisted making copies, handing out schedules to one of the local schools, collecting bugs, and cutting out fish parts of felt and then decorating them with glue, glitter, colored sand and beads. Awesome job right?!?!
Plus it always makes my day to get to come home and talk to Mike on Skype and see his smiling face :) Of course it would be SOOOO much better to actually come home and have him here, to be able to snuggle up to him on the couch, or walk hand and hand down to the beach to go for a dip, and then come back and make dinner together. Its coming, not to horribly much longer now, the summer just needs to FLYYY!!

I got three more hints tonight on my surprise:
1. He apparently has been planning this surprise for months
2. Its tan in color/has tan in it
3. There is no reason for the surprise, he just decided he wanted to do it.
What a booger! Thats ok, I love him anyway - and only 18 more days until it gets here!

I love you Michael Ross - Stay Safe Hunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment